Wednesday 19 December 2012

Young and old drivers criticise each other

The maga Mature Times reports an AA survey which shows that both young and old drivers think that the other generation needs training to be better drivers. The article goes on to advertise the AA's courses for upskilling drivers. It quotes several older people who have reduced their driving at some stage of life and then have to start again, perhaps after being widowed.

This happened to me: I gave up driving for several years when public transport was more convenient, and when waiting for cataracts to be ready for operating on stopped me from being safe on the road. It certainly was a nervous time starting to drive again. And I must say increasingly I find public transport a much more congenial way of getting round, at least here in London. Threats to the freedom pass are a bit of a worry.

Link to the Mature Times article.

No comments:

Post a Comment