Monday 13 October 2014

Aren't-we-good corporate videos waste of NHS and social care money

http://www.nhslanarkshire.org.uk/Services/rcop/Pages/Video.aspx
I often wonder why NHS and social care organisations feel the need to spend money on  corporate videos. I looked at one from Lanarkshire, about the local 'partnership' of voluntary and statutory services as they 'swing into action'. I'm keen on what they do: mainly stimulating activity and personal development, I liked the singing group, football for older men (not just sitting around in day centres playing bingo). And I was pleased to see texting (but not sexting) for keeping in touch with people.

But I resent the unremittingly positive 'isn't it wonderful' message and the current professional jargon. Who is this for, other than saying 'we're doing a good job here'.  I'd rather see information videos which give useful information or educational resources for older people to help them develop their activities.

Link to the video

No comments:

Post a Comment